Environmental Site Assessment (ESA)
|An essential step in a real property transaction is to evaluate the property for environmental contamination and to assess the potential environmental liability for the new owner.
This process is commonly known as environmental due diligence or environmental site assessment. The All Appropriate Inquiries environmental site assessment is the threshold to CERCLA landowner liability protections.
For protection under the CERCLA Brownfields Amendments landowner liability exemptions, it is crucial that the All Appropriate Inquiries, Phase I Investigation be bullet-proof.
Harris & Lee Environmental Sciences provides the following services:
– Full AAI compliant (ASTM E 1527-13) , legally defensible environmental site assessments:
- Phase I – preliminary site assessments
- Phase II – sub-surface contamination investigations
- Phase III – remediation and monitoring
- Phase IV – closure
– Modified or abbreviated environmental site assessment reports
– Desktop Review / Records Search with Risk Assessment with interpretation by Harris & Lee Environmental Sciences
– Educational seminars