Environmental Health and Safety Services
Harris & Lee Environmental Sciences, LLC has inside experience within the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical business sector. We understand the EH&S risks and issues of biotechnology (large molecule) and pharmaceutical (small molecule) research, development, and manufacturing that only inside experience provides:
- We provide unique skill sets in understanding the EH&S risks and issues of both the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sides of drug development and manufacture.
- We understand the business, technologies, fast-paced work environment and EH&S issues of the industry.
- We can support a flexible approach that meets the business need.
- Our track-record of success is based on excellent relationship-building skills with all levels of the business, from manufacturing operators to R&D Scientists, to executives.
- We provide high-level training to help internal EH&S teams navigate changes in business strategy, and mergers and acquisitions.
We have the ability to support biotech/pharmaceutical companies with established EH&S organizations through special program support and/or projects, such as the following:
- IH monitoring (including active pharmaceutical ingredients and surrogate monitoring),
- Job hazard analysis, and
- Identified compliance or strategic initiatives.
Our experience includes Potent Compound/Hazardous Drug Safety Program Development and Iplementation.
- Unique experience in building a program from scratch -- getting senior management approval, building consensus, and getting an effective program in place in a collaborative manner.
- Successful program elements include:
o Administrative requirements,
o Contract manufacturing interaction requirements,
o Medical surveillance appropriate to job task and risk level,
o Handling requirements appropriate to the job,
o Detailed design criteria for new build-outs and remodels, and
o IH monitoring program requirements (including provisions for surrogate monitoring).
We are currently supporting both start-up and midsize biotech and pharmaceutical companies to successfully manage EH&S compliance as they grow the business.
Biotechnology and pharmaceutical EH&S projects are handled by Patricia Beach, MS, CIH, REA, a Senior EH&S professional with ten years hands-on experience in Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical development/manufacturing. For further details please call us at (415) 287-0056 or contact Ms. Beach via email.
Harris & Lee awarded "2009 Best Environmental Firm"
QUICK LINKSPhase 1 – AAIs (E-1527-05) Environmental Site Assessment
EH&S Professional Consulting
Environmental Due Diligence For Lenders/Banks
Harris & Lee Environmental Sciences, LLC
Based in Northern California with offices in Santa Rosa and San Francisco
Santa Rosa: (707) 571-8961